The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Roth Contribution for 2014 Date:  8/4/2013  7:29 PM
Author:  stockmover Number:  118969 of 127753

I know I am getting a little ahead of my self, but for the 2014 tax year I hope to turn 70 1/2 y/o. I know I will be required to take RMD from my TIRA, but can I contribute to my existing Roth? We will have earned income because DW should still be working, filing MFJ, and the IRS income limitations will not make me ineligible.

Is this a viable plan?


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us