The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-observationscomments-i-guess-my-30811794.aspx

Subject:  Re: Generating Income Date:  8/5/2013  4:37 PM
Author:  Oforfive Number:  72728 of 76398

Thanks for the observations/comments. I guess my concentration is a bit more than "fine points" considering your 3% target. I agree with that idea. I just couldn't find that many companies that would get me the income I wanted. I was a lot more concentrated until recently, though even now I'm industry concentrate in energy--just the nature of the beast. Either there or real estate trusts, I think. That's one reason I like KFN and would look for something similar.

NYCB and WIN were the two that made me nervous and led me to do some diversifying. At one time my WIN was just... ridiculous. I'm not thrilled with SDRL's drumbeat of "ordered two more ultradeep...." either. Like, enough already.

Then, there is the issue of shifting or balancing. My SDRL is up more than 10%. Some of my NYCB is up 15%, but an average of 9%. With this market, most are up but CLMT is down 12+%. I could tweak, with CLMT at 8.62% which is above my average, but that would be a marginal improvement; mostly make me feel staisfied to be doing something :)

What do you have that I don't that is yielding in the 6+% range?

Thanks,

KC
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us