The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/iirc-you-included-gas-in-that-250year-figure-30815084.aspx

Subject:  Re: update Date:  8/7/2013  3:03 PM
Author:  ishtarastarte Number:  307159 of 308547

IIRC, you included GAS in that $250/year figure, and that's what I can't figure out.

I know I drive a lot less than some people, because there are days/weeks I don't leave the house. But I still spend ~$80/mo in gas at the current prices, that's almost a grand per year right there.

But no, not everyone can do $250/year for a car.

All the work you say you've put into it? What if you had no tools and lived in an apartment that forbid working on cars in the parking lot?

And I'm someone who drives a car that's more than 20 years old. I've done some of my own work, but I'm not up to pulling out an engine or a transmission by myself, mostly because I don't have the tools or the space. I've done work I've had to do because there was no choice, but mostly, I've had to pay other people to work on it. Sometimes I can do that payment as a trade off of skills, but still.

Ishtar
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us