The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Taxes, IRA to ROTH conversions..FEIE Date:  8/19/2013  12:08 AM
Author:  ptheland Number:  119030 of 127616

Here's the Cliff notes version.

In the good old days, you used to subtract off the FEIE, then figure your tax on whatever income was left.

Now you figure your tax without the FEIE, then subtract off the tax on just the FEIE.

That effectively puts the taxable part of your income on top of the excluded income instead of under it.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us