The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/iquotd-call-the-fraud-department-on-your-credit-30831992.aspx

Subject:  Re: MyFico Bait and Switch! Date:  8/19/2013  1:35 AM
Author:  aj485 Number:  307195 of 308230

I"d call the fraud department on your credit card and state that you tried to cancel their product and they refuse to refund you. I then would tell them you dispute the charge. I also have the credit card company issue you a new credit card number as they could try to charge you again and not allow you to cancel.

Well, the OP could try that. But if the OP did not cancel within the first 10 days of the trial perios, they did not adhere to the terms of the agreement that MyFICO has on their website, and they owe the money. The credit card will find this during their dispute investigation, and the charges will go right back on, new card number or not.

If the reality is that the OP did not cancel within 10 days, then it's not really a 'bait and switch' - it's more of a case of the consumer signing up for something that they didn't fully understand. If this is the case, it's going to cost them the price of the membership for 3 months, unless they can somehow convince MyFICO to stop making the charges. Since MyFICO has the terms pretty clearly stated on a web page that is open to the public, and since the CSR already told the OP that the subscription couldn't be cancelled for 3 months, I doubt the OP is going to get out of this without paying, unless they truly attempted to cancel within the first 10 days, as required.

AJ
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us