The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/seattlepioneer-you-wrote-i-was-again-dunned-for-30834772.aspx

Subject:  Re: Credit report lawsuit Date:  8/20/2013  5:31 PM
Author:  joelcorley Number:  307209 of 308643

SeattlePioneer,

You wrote, I was again dunned for the $10 payment during the next billing cycle. My note had been ignored.

You paid cash? Did you keep the receipt? Did you include a copy when you sent it to them? Have you received an EOB to make sure your copay hasn't gone up or that there wasn't something like an unpaid deductible? Have you called the doctor? Have you called the insurance?

As for receipts, this is why doctors offices never get cash from me. I want a paper trail. Medical service providers are notoriously bad at billing. And with a credit card payment I can get the credit card company involved if the doctor's office doesn't fix it.

Worse case, I can get a refund for the original payment and then let the doctor's office charge my card again for the dunning notice. (It's never gotten that crazy for me; but I suppose it could.)

- Joel
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us