The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotwhen-a-liberal-complains-about-wasting-30835063.aspx

Subject:  Re: Laziness is a right Date:  8/20/2013  9:02 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  693427 of 736544

"When a liberal complains about wasting money you know they're full of it." - 2828
----------------

Speaking of wasting money versus saving money today I had to take my little 84 year old MIL to the audiologist to have her hearing aid's adjusted. I think it was just a regular check up.

So since Aldi's is only a couple of blocks from her audiologist I took her over to Aldi's to "save" some money. My plan was to buy a few veggies and some fruit. No big deal. Well by the time we went through check out I had spent $35.04 and I only had $34.00 in cash on me. Aldi's doesn't take credit cards. So I had to borrow a dollar and four cents from my MIL to get my groceries. I was mortified.

My wife goes over to MIL's every evening to spend some time with her and I asked her to give MIL $1.04 so we'd be even. Since some of the stuff I bought was for my wife, like fresh mozzarella and blueberry flavored Keifer, I didn't feel bad asking her to pay my debt.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us