The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: To Amend a Return Date:  8/20/2013  10:21 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  119040 of 127549

It is simply a question of locating the right IRS form and resubmitting Schedule A?

I used I guess I could pull it up and redo the return?

Before you do anything, read up in TT help on amended returns, paying special attention to the process. With software it's really easy if you do it in the right order and a royal pain if you don't. Also make sure you have a printed copy of what was already filed. TT will tell you what to file where when you're done. (You can't amend Federal electronically.) Don't forget to address you state if you filed a state return. They talk to each other.

Is there a deadline for 2012?

4/15/16, 3 years after you filed, or 2 years after your last payment, whichever is later.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us