The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-not-judging-anything-or-anyone-im-just-30840417.aspx

Subject:  Re: return emails- semi OT Date:  8/24/2013  7:34 AM
Author:  ToddTruby Number:  126158 of 127236

I'm not judging anything or anyone. I'm just pointing out the reality in your situation. I have no stake or personal opinion on your employment status, income or family situation. I'm glad you have had the opportunity to live with and take care of your family and put their needs over yours. However, given the goals you stated and the constraints in place both self imposed and market imposed, you need to change your approach and be open to other possibilities if you want to accomplish the goals.
No one has said you need a one bedroom apartment, but even so how do you know you can't find a room or apartment to rent that will take your dog and cat? Do you think no one that rents has pets? Will it limit your choices? yes, but you also have even more limited choices with respect to borrowing money to purchase a house.
Clearly you do not want to face reality. You just want someone to tell you how everything will be ok the way you want it. I hope CC can find you a house to buy and originate a mortgage for your parents to co-sign. When she does, I'm sure everything will work out just the way you planned. Good Luck!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us