The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/not-traditionally-no-but-her-determination-is-30840835.aspx

Subject:  Re: return emails- semi OT Date:  8/24/2013  3:13 PM
Author:  inparadise Number:  126170 of 127262

Not traditionally, no, but her determination is the biggest factor in whether she will ultimately be successful.

Ahhh, interesting. And my repeated recommendation was to go for seller financing, which for one excuse or another she doesn't want to try. Over and over again I've encouraged her to think "outside the box" and avoid traditional financing. But apparently that is only OK if you suggest it.

I'm really happy you are looking to take her under your wing. I wish you both the utmost success. That area could certainly use those willing to take a large risk. That is the main reason why a seller of one of these uber low cost high work properties might take a chance on her no work history, no income. They are desperate to unload their property on someone else, and because they have bought it for much less than they are selling it for, have a potential to turn a profit even with a high risk buyer.

IP
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us