The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: UGMA withdeawal: Is this the right board? Date:  9/4/2013  4:37 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  119134 of 127745

Do I just instruct the brokerage house to sell shares (if I have not done so already) and send me a check? Or what?

This is a New Jersey property law question, not a tax question. From a tax standpoint everything is reported under the beneficiary's SSN just like always.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us