The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/none-of-the-idea-that-prior-to-reaching-30875036.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hi gang... wow!!! Date:  9/17/2013  8:30 PM
Author:  aj485 Number:  72989 of 75383

none of the idea that prior to reaching retirement 'some' money doesn't actually count, but can be used for risk avoidance reserves anyway. Anything needed as a safety buffer to allow the tolerance of naked S&P risks is directly investible to the safer IUL.

This is where you will never sell me on your theory of risk managment and IULs being 'safer'. I continue to think your risk management process is ignoring a significant risk of entrusting all of your assets in a contractual obligation with a single entity, with only a state guaranteed insurance fund that will pay out up to $100k (in many cases) if the entity fails. Sure, it's an improbable event - probably just as improbable for any individual as their daughter contracting a rare disease that is curable only in Australia. But when it happens, it will affect a lot of individuals at once. And, as I've provided links to before, people can lose substantial amounts when insurers fail.

AJ
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us