The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Capital Gains offset Date:  9/22/2013  12:59 AM
Author:  TGimmy Number:  119186 of 127637

I recently sold some land I had inherited a few years ago and believe I will owe capital gains tax's on the value increase from the time it was inherited. I also have some long term losses in stock that I have yet to take and was wondering if I could use those losses to offset the gains for tax purposes.

Thanks, Grimmy
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us