The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Obamacare premium credits & 1040? Date:  9/23/2013  10:58 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  119195 of 123001

From the instructions:

If you received any tax-exempt interest,
such as from municipal bonds, each pay-
er should send you a Form 1099-INT.
Your tax-exempt interest should be
shown in box 8 of Form 1099-INT. En-
ter the total on line 8b. Also include on
line 8b any exempt-interest dividends
from a mutual fund or other regulated<