The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-bothered-by-the-fact-that-so-few-people-even-30884774.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bruce Schneier: NSA Is Making Us Less Safe Date:  9/24/2013  5:19 AM
Author:  Calabogie Number:  1899921 of 1963130

I'm bothered by the fact that so few people (even on this forum) are bothered by NSA snooping.

Unfortunately the prevailing attitude seems to be, "If you're not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about." Co-workers of mine say that when I bring up the subject every time. Few seem to realize that even an innocent conversation or email can be turned to seem nefarious.

I've resigned myself to living in a world where our every more is scrutinized, just in case we might do something "bad." I mostly gave up on this forum because what few threads there were devoted to rational discussion about current events seem to be fading away. Even some of the posters who WERE rational seem to be moving toward the hyperbolic ranting that is the hallmark of this forum. It makes it frustrating to have any type of rational debate and no one learns anything from posters stating positions over and over again. Especially those who post the simplistic drivel trivializing otherwise complicated subjects.

I hope people wake up before it goes too far but it may already be too late.

Calabogie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us