The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/well-i-just-authorized-the-exchange-of-my-money-30889321.aspx

Subject:  Re: 401K portfolio distribution Date:  9/26/2013  1:08 PM
Author:  DarkS7ar Number:  25148 of 25223

Well I just authorized the exchange of my money from the FID FREEDOM K 2045 to the FID OTC K because all the suggestions seems to say I should focus more on stocks than the target date and the OTC top 10 holdings are made up of companies, six out of the ten, that I use on a daily basis in some form or another and I felt very comfortable with that.
The fee may be a little high with a 0.77% Exp Ratio and a .55% management, so it might not have been a Foolish move, I don't know.

Since these portfolios are made of multiple stocks, does that meet the criteria of a stock mutual fund or is that something else completely?

If it does, does the suggestion mean I should spread my money between more than one of these or pick one and the spreading is done within by the holding of stock in multiple companies?

If it doesn't, then I'm going to go ahead and guess that I don't have access to a stock mutual fund through my 401K.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us