The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: FICA on Severance Pay Date:  10/2/2013  10:05 AM
Author:  Wradical Number:  119247 of 127642

If you received severance pay in 2010 (the earliest open year) and FICA was withheld you should consider filing a refund claim before 4/15/2014. You might want to wait a couple of months before filing since often the IRS will set up a special internal procedure for holding these claims until the court case is resolved.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool

Isn't it up to the company/employer, who files the 941, to file any claims involved?

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us