The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: FICA on Severance Pay Date:  10/2/2013  10:12 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  119248 of 127616

How would one go about filing a refund claim?

For this type of tax Form 843. Note that ordinarily you must get a refund of overpaid single-employer FICA from your employer, but since we're talking about severance I'm assuming the claimant no longer works for that employer.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us