The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-guess-you-choose-who-you-want-to-go-with-and-i-30906211.aspx

Subject:  Re: Lifetime Annuity Date:  10/4/2013  11:21 AM
Author:  mojoe918 Number:  73418 of 76384

I guess you choose who you want to go with and I chose Vanguard Annuity for older sister and she happy with 5.5% annually(monthly,quarterly - you choose how you want to receive it) In fact if you didn't get on this past May the lower the percentage to 5% for those over 70 yrs old. It never goes down but on her anniversary her lump of money intially deposited went up higher on her anniversary date the following year and get got $300 more for life. It never goes down even if market so bad that her account is "0" her annuity never goes down because of GLWB rider.

In fact you choose what Vanguard products for your annuity and they most volatile fund you can get is the Vanguard Balance Fund. If they give me a choice I would go with the most aggresive fund which they don't- Can't you see if they did that and your fund goes up 50% at the anniversay date you tend to get a big lifetime yearly lifetime annuity which never goes down but up.

Even though Transamerica sell it- it's Vanguard Product where transamerica collect the fees (initial and GLWB rider) and administer the payout.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us