The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-dont-want-to-see-the-abuse-this-invites-30915457.aspx

Subject:  Re: A new breed of debt collector. Date:  10/10/2013  9:36 AM
Author:  Windowseat Number:  307312 of 308881

You don't want to see the abuse this invites. When you do, you wont like it.

Okay SP, I think I figured out what your problem is. I'll explain what was going on.

1) One of the reasons people don't pay the bills is that they have suddenly lost their jobs.

b) If the reason they aren't paying the bills is because of a job loss, the company will ask them if they need help getting a new job.

trois) If they say yes, they would like help, the company will help them write a good resume, give them hints about the interview (including wearing a suit to the job interview) and call them the morning of a scheduled interview to remind them to show up.

four) If the person is still employed and can't pay the bills for some other reason, the company will simply work with that.

I will repeat point 2.

If the reason they aren't paying the bills is because of a job loss, the company will ask them if they need help getting a new job.

In other words, the company is behaving the same way JobNet does in Massachusetts: they make sure the person is job hunting, and gives them hints and tips to help them in their search. That's all.

People are not being ordered to put on a suit and tie in order to write a check. They are being told that they will make a better impression at the job interview if they wear a suit.

That's all. It's job hunting advice. If you think that helping someone get a job is abusive I can't help you.

Nancy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us