The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-youre-saying-that-warren-buffett-the-most-30918968.aspx

Subject:  Re: Insurer Tower Group (Nasdaq: TWGP) Dying? Date:  10/11/2013  5:05 PM
Author:  aj485 Number:  73494 of 76098

So you're saying that Warren Buffett, the most revered/celebrated investor in the world, is--because he invests in several insurance companies--by association as crooked as the insurance companies he invests in. (Assuming that you won't invest with an insurance company because you think they're somehow nefarious.)

No, what I said was that Warren Buffett invested in insurance companies.

The parts about

(1) trying to compare customers who buy investments* from insurance companies to Warren Buffett's investments in insurance companies,
(2) attempting to cast aspersions on Warren Buffett, and
(3) demeaning insurance companies by attempting to attribute sayings that I have never said to me

are all from your $@# mind.

AJ

*Actually - contractual agreements with an insurance company that may (or may not) be loosely based on underlying investments, but which don't actually provide ownership of any assets, other than the contract
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us