The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-you-could-point-out-a-life-insurance-company-30920441.aspx

Subject:  Re: Insurer Tower Group (Nasdaq: TWGP) Dying? Date:  10/13/2013  12:36 AM
Author:  AngelMay Number:  73511 of 75335

If you could point out a life insurance company other than a reinsurer owned by Berkshire Hathaway, I'd be appreciative. AngelMay's vitriol is directed specifically at the purchase by individuals of insurance contracts or annuities which have some form of "investment" component to them (such as almost all forms of permanent insurance and any type of annuity contract, apparently. I have no idea what she would think of purchasing a No Lapse Guarantee Universal Life product from a life insurance company).

----------

If I needed life insurance I would maybe purchase a term life policy. I grit my teeth and may for medigap insurance and auto insurance and homeowner's. But I don't consider any of those an investment.

AM

....and, of course others are free to disagree. I'm simply saying that I would not invest with an insurance company because, like Mr. Buffett, I know who's holding the high cards.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us