The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-am-glad-to-report-that-i-was-unable-to-post-30928669.aspx

Subject:  Re: Leave and Earnings Statement Date:  10/17/2013  5:59 PM
Author:  ThyPeace Number:  307359 of 308346

I am glad to report that I was unable to post during the day today because I was working.

Things at work are roughly normal. Our normal is a bit different than some people's definitions -- no one died and all the property damage is repairable. So I think the limits of the Antideficiency Act were well served. There are major, major impacts to the overall agency, though, and the staff we serve (who do the actual mission work) are beyond frustrated no matter whether they were furloughed or excepted.

The major wave of work associated with our return has not quite made it to my door. I have several data calls and actions, but next week I can see it will really heat up. Today's goals were just to account for everyone (still missing one), start giving them information about when and how they'll be paid, start getting non-life and property contracts and activities back up and running, and start collecting all the signed acknowledgements of furlough notices.

ThyPeace, does what they call the "business" side of the work. As opposed to the "technical" side.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us