The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Buying Second House for Parents Date:  10/22/2013  1:38 PM
Author:  JLC Number:  119384 of 127753

Thinking about buying a house for the parents so they can literally live next door to one child. Will help with the down sizing and with elder care.

I know I can claim property taxes on the 1040, but what other expenses can be taken and what other things to think of?

This will be a cash transaction, no mortgage.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us