The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-i-ever-lose-my-job-i-guess-pay-the-100-fee-30942983.aspx

Subject:  Re: interesting find Date:  10/26/2013  1:12 PM
Author:  aj485 Number:  307403 of 308881

If I ever lose my job I guess pay the $100 fee for being a plus member get the meds at Sams and keep looking for a job.

Both Sam's and Costco allow people to access their pharmacies without being members. In my experience, Costco often has cheaper prices on medicines than Sam's does.

I would suggest checking what the cost is at both Sam's and Costco is without being a member before you go paying a $100 fee for a membership that you may not need.

If you can get a 60 day supply for, say, $20.87 without being a member at either Costco or Sam's (no idea if this is possible, but you should call both and ask what the price is), that's only $9 more than it would cost at Sam's with the plus membership. It would take you 11 prescription fills (22 months) to make it worth buying 1 - $100 annual membership. Unfortunately, during that 22 months, you would have had to buy 2 - $100 memberships, so not being a member costs less money.

AJ
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us