The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/it-has-been-so-hard-for-me-to-find-pants-in-the-30947400.aspx

Subject:  Re: I'll never be fashionable... Date:  10/29/2013  5:06 PM
Author:  Retrograde Number:  877644 of 885596

It has been so hard for me to find pants in the last decade or so, I have low-rise in my wardrobe despite the huge muffin top I expose when I have a not-long-enough top and bend. To compensate for the difficulty in pants, I have been searching for extra long tops and shirts, often baggy to accomodate my widening build.

For many years I have worn chinos pants that have pleats and back elastic. Yes, and a high waist. Turns out this was the only style that looked halfway decent on me and helped disguise my big belly when I didn't want to wear untucked shirts. Finding pants with pleats -- not that easy! Diguising lumps and bumps = priceless.

Within the last two years, I have been mistaken to be an odd-looking man by a number of people and have had small children ask their mothers, loudly, whether or not that person (me) is a man or a woman.

Been there & can understand completely. Also had people think I was pregnant -- such fun!!

Lower waistlines would only make it look like I don't actually have any type of waist, so not feasible at all. With some recent weight loss, a lower wasitline may be feasible but the one pair I have ("at the wasit") I find myself constantly tugging up because they feel too low. :/

And as for the straight-leg and boot cut jeans? Yech. For a large person, the straight leg openings are proportional to the thigh width and can be 16" or more. And boot cut is worse: basically bell-bottom jeans flapping all over the place.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us