The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/yes-the-horror-of-being-victimized-because-of-30948157.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fail. Date:  10/30/2013  9:06 AM
Author:  wzambon Number:  1907631 of 1961404

Yes, the horror of being victimized because of descriptions in a name...why, why...I remember how terrible I felt when I had to provide added information because my passport included my middle name and my driver's license did not. Yes, I too was a victim of the war on women. I am so thankful I was not thrown in a jail cell because of it and forced to hire Lawyers to straighten out the mess...

There are going to be plenty of women who have voted in the past, and see no reason why their documentation should not continue to be adequate... who will show up to vote and be turned away.... because the middle name on record is her given middle name, "Sue", not her maiden name "Smith".

Of course many of the more educated, proactive women who have read about the problem, and who don't have to worry about taking off work to go straighten out the documentation.... will make the switch.

And there will be plenty of women who fail to change their documentation- and they will be unable to vote.

At least, that's the Republican plan.

Notice.. that this is an inconvenience being placed upon women....

Hence... "War on Women".
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us