The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Buying Second House for Parents Date:  10/30/2013  1:05 PM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  119422 of 127745

At the time of the writing of this article, 30 states required children to provide support for indigent parents.

Are you talking the filial responsibility act?

I don't know. The author mentioned that there were 30 states that had some such law. Since the article was several years old, I added the caveat that the number was as of the date of the article. I don't know the specific nature of the various laws nor whether there have been any changes in number or application of such laws.

As I stated before, is someone thinks that this issue has relevance to their situation, they should find competent professional counsel to advise them.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us