The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-created-an-account-on-healthcaregov-last-week-30950088.aspx

Subject:  Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date:  10/31/2013  9:19 AM
Author:  MotleyFooley Number:  1907906 of 1961519

I created an account on healthcare.gov last week, but then got a blank screen when trying to enroll.

This week, I tried again and was able to proceed, to the point of seeing the plans available in my area at which carriers along with the premiums they'd charge, and had the chance to enroll if I wanted to. And I did these things during regular business hours, not at 2 AM when traffic was light or anything like that.

I can certainly understand that the tool is glitchy, still needs improvement, and YMMV of course. But your statement implies that it's not working, at all. It *is* working, just not as well as it should be.

If Republicans were so concerned about the website rollout, they could have had meetings with HHS officials and IT contractors in, oh say, July, or had everyone on the house floor "demo" or test the site, instead of voting over 40 times to repeal the law.

MotleyFooley
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us