Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/remember-when-30950177.aspx

Subject:  Remember when...? Date:  10/31/2013  10:02 AM
Author:  jwiest Number:  1907916 of 1961189

"Remember that ACA roll-out, what a mess that was?"
"What?"
"ACA. Don't you remember? It was a total mess."
"Hmmm, kinda. That was months ago. Doesn't matter though, I have a better, cheaper, health plan now. And my kids are still insured."
"Yeah, but it was a travesty. Just proves you can't trust government to do anything."
"Which part?"
"Huh?"
"Which part of government can't you trust to do anything? The part that made ACA more complicated than it needed to be? The part that injected the complex provisions desired by insurance providers? The part that wants to keep health care in the hands of the private make-money-on-other-people's-misery insurance industry?"
"Ummm..."
"You mean the part that got in the way of implementing? Or the part that kept trying to defund it? Or the part that shut the government down just before it went live to try and kill it?"
"Er..."
"Or the part that will have an aneurism at every mention of the term 'single-payer'? Republicans."
"What?"
"I think you mean, you can't trust Republicans. But it doesn't matter. Despite everything you tried, ACA is part of the national fabric, and despite a few hiccups in the beginning, nobody remembers it now except cranky cackling idiots revelling in the troubles of others."
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us