The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotmy-kid-isnt-fat-hes-big-bonedquot-30950336.aspx

Subject:  Re: Trick Or Trick! Date:  10/31/2013  10:55 AM
Author:  Colovion Number:  703285 of 748828

"My kid isn't fat, he's big boned!"

Actually my son is thin as a rail, must get that from his mom's side of the family! He did get her terrible teeth, unfortunately... so lots of dental bills in our future with him.

It's gearing up to be a rainy night for trick-or-treating this year in Ann Arbor. Odds are my wife will stay home (rain doesn't mix well with her arthritis and walking long distances) so it'll just be lil' man and me. I don't know if anyone else is coming with us. Most of his friends in the complex have moved out, and the one that would be going with us is going to a different neighborhood (which is fine with me because his mom is absolutely obnoxious anyway). Given that our son just got braces he can't eat half the candy anyhow, so I'm predicting a short trip this year, maybe just the main circle we live near, a couple off-shoots and our street.

And yes, I will be carrying while we're out there because I always do when I can. Not that I expect any trouble at all, I doubt older kids would be brazen enough to shake my son down for candy with me standing right there (nor would I resort to an armed response in that situation) but you do invariably see "kids" WAY too old to be out trick-or-treating, and obviously from different neighborhoods (driven in by parents who assume everyone in Ann Arbor is rich).

Living in an apartment complex we don't get trick or treaters, at least we aren't supposed to. I have no idea if anyone rings our door buzzer because I'm never there on Halloween of course. They'd be sadly mistaken if they did... we don't buy candy to pass out as we aren't ever there to pass it out. I'd just end up eating it all!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us