The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-agree-that-they-didnt-do-the-job-properly-but-30950429.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tear That Lady Down, Boys! Date:  10/31/2013  11:25 AM
Author:  albaby1 Number:  1907945 of 1976427

I agree that they didn't do the job properly, but to attack her as if she is a bad person who intentionally screwed up, as if she were a teaparty politician, is not productive.

It's a great waste of the taxpayers dime to spend time castigating a person for a problem when that person should be spending 100% of her time fixing the problem.

Oh, I don't think so. Having good intentions is important - but when you're overseeing a big project and it gets screwed up in ways that are your fault, you are going to get called on the carpet by your bosses (which include Congress when you work for the government). You don't get to spend 100% of your time fixing the problem - you have to spend some of your time explaining the problem to your bosses so that they: i) can find out how big the problem is; and ii) figure out if you should be the one fixing it or not.

If your agency's most important projects goes south, it is both expected and appropriate that you'll get hauled in front of Congressional committee to explain what happened. Which is why no one has really criticized the fact that she was called in to testify.

Albaby
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us