The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotthird-single-most-devastating-attack-on-30950945.aspx

Subject:  Re: Never say die. Attack on Obama(care) Date:  10/31/2013  2:19 PM
Author:  richieds Number:  1908046 of 1976372

"Third, single most devastating attack on American soil"

Interesting. Someone who doesn't see Obama as having any blame for the rollout of his signature plan 5 years into his presidency, sees Bush as being to blame for 9/11, some 6 months or so after coming into office.

You are, pretty much, proving my point which was simply that if Bush was president during this rollout, you'd be blaming him very step of the way.

"Fourth, economy in freefall after 8 years of his policies."

Are there specific policies, implemented by Bush, that you feel were responsible for the economic freefall?
I can make a better argument that it was the Bush/Paulson team that saved the country from a depression with kudos to Obama for continuing those policies against GOP opposition.

"First, "unmitigated disaster" is a bit over the top."

Obamacare is not the disaster. The rollout is. There's no other way to put it. One month in and we still don't know much about the program and have only promises that the websites will be fixed in another month.

Keep in mind that getting healthy people signed up is paramount and while there is plenty of time to enroll IF it's fixed by Dec. 1, it's hard to deny that the numbers are likely to be a lot lower than hoped for some time.

Obamacare will work because it has to and it is the best option we have out there but this rollout has made it that much tougher and you cannot tell me that this rollout was not an embarrassment.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us