The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/10000-lakes-minnesota-you-know-when-i-was-30951619.aspx

Subject:  Re: 10,000 Lakes 140,000 Cancellations Date:  10/31/2013  7:48 PM
Author:  LordFoolman Number:  703426 of 749029

10,000 Lakes / Minnesota

You know, when I was about 8-9 years old, I got one of those cereal box surprise toys. I think it may have been from a box of Lucky Charms or Fruit Loops, back when breakfast-provided, refined sugar was all the rage for fine pediatric health an development. It was actually a pretty nice toy compared to what they typically get today.

It was a small version of a Minnesota license plate. It was about 5 inches wide and 3 inches tall, which fit perfectly on the tail end of my Huffy bike. It had a nice bluish/greenish color pattern and with a fake license number and the phrase "Land of 10,000 Lakes." I was the bicycling stud of my barrio apartment complex for a good 1-2 days. Living in a apt complex a step above a trailer park, my Minnesota license plate permitted me to emanate a cosmopolitan, international appeal.

But even as an adult believer of UFO's, as an 8-year-old, I definitely didn't buy that Minnesota had 10,000 lakes. Not possible. It's kinda like saying "a picture is worth a thousand words." No one is that gullible.

The end.

AOL/LordFoolman.....sounding more and more like Art everyday, offering up non-relevant, often tangential, anecdotes to the opening post.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us