The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/joel-i-think-we-are-going-to-have-to-agree-to-30951837.aspx

Subject:  Re: Emergency Fund Date:  10/31/2013  10:29 PM
Author:  ThyPeace Number:  307454 of 308519

Joel,

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree. As I said, MC is an example, but is not even close to unique in terms of dedication and willingness to work hard, though she certainly is in other ways.

I obviously have not communicated the situation to you at all well. I am still assuming that you are a generally compassionate guy, rather than someone who can't connect to a situation. So... I do invite you to PM me if you are ever in the mid-Atlantic region. I'll take you on a tour.

As for the sandwiches and the sodas, IF is correct that it is somewhere between not a good thing and illegal -- depending on the situation -- to buy food for Federal employees with funds appropriated by Congress. I'm still going to find a way. Those aren't the only funds in the world. I almost had a way to do it, and then the executives wouldn't let us go forward even though the legal folks said it was okay. But, as I said, I will not give up on that. We'll find a way.

ThyPeace, notes that there are people who do stupid things everywhere. The private sector fires them. The public sector makes more rules.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us