The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Short Term Trading

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/just-a-note-30953097.aspx

Subject:  Just a note Date:  11/1/2013  3:57 PM
Author:  Calabogie Number:  36645 of 36686

Just wanted to post about a "stock tip" email I've been getting. No, this is NOT an endorsement. Just an interesting note on how well penny stocks can be manipulated. The email touted PGLO when it was at .35 a week or so ago. The emails have been coming hot and heavy every day and at least one time there were 2 in one day. Last time I looked PGLO was at .73 or so.

These are notoriously dangerous but they are sometimes profitable if you don't take it too seriously. I got the original email and picked up some at .35 and sold at .45 and I'm happy with that. I have a feeling that PGLO will dive back under .35 in a few weeks but for now the touter is getting a real nice ride.

I'll post when the next pick is sent out (usually on a Sunday) so you can watch it. As I said, I DO NOT recommend these but I admit to playing them sometimes. I always get out well before the top which doesn't bother me at all since I'd rather lock in a profit and miss some than stay in too long and lose it all.

Anyway, hope everyone had a nice Halloween!

Calabogie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us