Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltltwhy-did-you-fail-to-answer-my-30953714.aspx

Subject:  Re: FOX "News" Knows Wazzup Date:  11/1/2013  10:42 PM
Author:  1HappyFool Number:  703667 of 757819

<<Why did you fail to answer my questions?>>

No Answer

<<Are you not committed to intellectually honest discussion?>>

No Answer

<<If it's a good idea at the federal level, why wouldn't it be a good idea at the state level?>>

I never argued that it should be only a federal level. I merely questioned why it should be done at the state level but not at Federal level.

I said nothing about "only at the federal level", so that's not a relevant answer to my question. Answering a question I didn't ask instead of the question I asked is not honest. Perhaps I over estimated your brilliance. I'll dumb it down for you.

Do you believe it would be a good idea at the federal level?

If so, why wouldn't it be a good idea at the state level instead?

Already Mitt Romney had done this at the state level.

Do you believe that what Mitt Romney did as a Governor has any relevance to whether it would be a good or bad idea to do something at the federal level?

<<Is it because such systems would be too easy to circumvent by liberty-conscious citizens?>>

This is a straw-men you are creating and arguing.

That is not a relevant answer to the question I asked. I'll dumb it down again.

Would you be opposed to implementing a single payer system at the state level only on the basis that it would be too easy to circumvent by liberty-conscious citizens?

You raised at federal level it injures your liberties. How?

I told you that it violates our right to freedom of association. Do you believe you have a right to choose whether or not to associate with others (assuming you are not forcing your association on them)?

instead of supporting your position don't create straw man and make them my positions. That's intellectual dishonesty.

Try again to provide honest and relevant answers to my questions.

<<Doesn't the prospect of an outflux of capital, talent, skill and productivity concern you?>>

No.

Are you stupid?

I have seen so much anger about Iraq war but don't recollect any outflux of capital, skill and productivity.

Was anybody who was not contractually obligated to go to Iraq forced to go to Iraq?

Was anybody who was not contractually obligated to support the Iraq war forced to support the Iraq war without compensation?

1HF
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us