The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/a-vendor-took-us-out-to-dinneri-think-it-was-30954666.aspx

Subject:  Re: FOX "News" Knows Wazzup Date:  11/2/2013  10:26 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  703759 of 744330

A vendor took us out to dinner...I think it was about $100 per person....not counting the alcohol...and I didn't drink.....

another night we went to the Crazy Horse ......that, too , was like $90 to get in the door.... fun experience.....

if you want cheap food, head to Italy and street cafes...probably Greece now too..... but it's not all that cheap anywhere in Europe.....

The cheapest place in germany was the Hofbrau Haus in each town. Sausage and sauerkrat/potatoes.....for a decent price.....1/3rd of what a mean would cost you in a restaurant....or less....eating out there is horribly expensive....10 years go, you started at $25 'list price'...and had 20% service charge and giant VAT type tax on top of that...plus, of course, any 'drinks' you had. $50 a person to get out of most of the 'ordinary restaurants' and if you want 'known restaurants'...wow!...you are looking at $100 just to get in the door as the minimum thing on the menu.....

Yeah..you could get your $6 cup of coffee and sip it for 2 hours in Paris...or was it more like $8...and if you wanted a bakery item...well, add another 7-8 bucks for a little piece of cake or delicacy....

I suppose there are some 'hole in the wall' places in France but i don't think too many...guilds and unions....

t.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us