The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-you-live-in-nyc-or-wash-dc-or-boston-area-or-30954904.aspx

Subject:  Re: FOX "News" Knows Wazzup Date:  11/3/2013  6:27 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  703771 of 744599

If you live in NYC or Wash DC or Boston area or hundreds of other cities you can have nice mass transit.

Nice mass transit.
What a good time to consider Bernie Goetze.

Nice mass transit is unfortunately a question of what part of mass transit and when in any of those cities

My father was stabbed on the NYC subways and multiple times had to fight his way out of worse harm, fortunately he was a serious bad azz. He was a city sanitation worker who tried using mass transit for his very early start and ran into problems.

I lived in Brooklyn and when dating my wife she lived in upper manhattan. That meant I had to go through the bad areas of both Manhattan and Brooklyn to see her (I did not drive at the time). I was mugged a number of times, and I fought back a number of time when I was not outnumbered. It was imperative to stay wary after dropping her off after midnight and heading home on the subways

Nice mass transit is a function of many other things. NYCs transportation was not nice for many years in pre-Guiliani NY, if you had to travel through areas where whites were frankly not welcome

It was a dangerous place to be unless you were traveling during the heavy travel times, and I know from my mother during those time was a good time to be felt up
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us