The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/schurchill16-you-wrote-ive-acquired-3-total-1-30964708.aspx

Subject:  Re: TXU Bonds Date:  11/8/2013  4:23 PM
Author:  joelcorley Number:  35097 of 35351

schurchill16,

You wrote, I've acquired 3 total, 1 that I've had for a few years and 2 I picked up earlier this year at $30. I'm inclined to hold on, but not certain.

My interest is due near the middle of the month, so I will reevaluate once the payment lands.

I'm assuming you bought the legacy TXU bonds? I bought the Texas Competitive Electric LBO bonds paying a 10.25% coupon at a discount. I'm pretty sure they will be on or very near the bottom of the creditor hierarchy.

I knew I was taking a pretty big risk that they'd at least avoid default long enough for me to make a profit. I probably should have dumped them a long time ago. Turns out I bet wrong on this one. At least it was only 2 bonds. You win some, you lose some - I've certainly lost (and made) more on individual bond and equity plays, so I'm not too torn up over it.

Good luck,
- Joel
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us