The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-not-tele-thats-an-understatement-but-he-30986917.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Is yours left or right handed? Date:  11/21/2013  1:15 PM
Author:  synchronicityII Number:  126539 of 127815

I'm not tele (that's an understatement), but he does live in East Plano, where that is likely the case. I've also seen rear alley access in newer construction in Grand Prairie (friends of ours have this) and in parts of North Dallas. I think they're common in parts of Frisco as well but could be mistaken.

All this is in the DFW area, and I don't recall where you're at.

My subdivision in a different part of the metroplex is a little unusual, as it's all front access (driveway) but the garages are detached rather than attached (the latter seemingly being the norm in most of DFW) with a flyover shielding the walkway from the garage to the house. (If you care, garages are all front facing but located to the right of and slightly behind the houses. These homes were all built early 90's.) Most newer homes (as you likely know, in DFW a home built in the early 90's is "older") around here have attached garages.

-synchronicity, just bought this spring so lots of home research still stuck in my head.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us