The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-agree-with-vivienne-check-out-mf-stock-31002405.aspx

Subject:  Re: Roth IRA Splits Date:  12/2/2013  8:18 PM
Author:  BordLyron Number:  73883 of 76418

I agree with Vivienne - check out MF Stock Advisor. Try what I did: sign up for the free trial, download the first 24 issues and the most recent 24 issues, then cancel your free subscription & spend a few days reading through this material. The idea here is NOT to glean stock picks, but rather to understand what this service has to offer.

When I did this, many years ago, I had much more to invest than you have, so the decision to buy a subscription was easy for me. You will have to consider the cost more carefully than I did. Perhaps tossing money into some of the low-cost index funds mentioned by others for the first year or two would give you a good foundation prior to messing with individual stocks.

I wish that I had begun this whole process when I was your age. I would probably be retired today. Good luck.

Byron
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us