The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/agreed-im-just-not-sure-where-in-my-note-you-31002480.aspx

Subject:  Re: What age to take SS payments? Date:  12/2/2013  9:17 PM
Author:  katiewa Number:  73884 of 76098

Agreed. I'm just not sure where in my note you read that I didn't know how to work with a spreadsheet, particularly with you responding to my statement that explicitly says I need to look at real numbers.

Color me confused. --2gifts

I apologize--the intent was to underscore your comment about looking at numbers and say I strongly agreed with you--who I assume does have a retirement spreadsheet of some sort since you frequently talk about running numbers. (And I think I have a construction planning spreadsheet that you wrote from several years ago.) The bulk of the reply was more a general response to anyone reading the thread that anyone who doesn't understand spreadsheet should consider learning about them.

Having taught a couple of short, community ed Excel classes, I am always surprised at how cowed by spreadsheets many adults are.

Kathleen
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us