The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools
|Subject: Oy! Tore my rotator cuff||Date: 12/3/2013 3:25 PM|
|Author: Trini209||Number: 18870 of 20078|
I think the 19 pound turkey did it:
1. Meat counter to shopping cart
2. Cart to check out counter
3. Counter back into shopping cart
4. Cart into car
5. Car to kitchen counter
6. Kitchen counter to fridge
7. Two days later, fridge to sink
8. Sink to roasting pan, add a couple of pounds of stuffing
9. Roasting pan into oven
10. Remove whole thing to stovetop two times during next four hours to baste the bird
11. Remove from oven and place on the counter
12. Wrestle from roasting pan to cutting board.
13. On Friday break up the carcas, place in biggest cauldron with some veggies and a couple of gallons of water (how much does that weigh?) and carry to stove to make yummy stock.
14. Several hours later, lug whole thing to the sink and somehow manage to pour contents into colander sitting over second biggest cauldron. Pack into freezer bags and freeze for several batches of soup.
15. Pain starts Saturday, worse on Sunday, still worse on Monday, so this morning (Tuesday) I managed to get an appointment with a shoulder specialist. Rotator cuff injury. I start four weeks of physical therapy on Saturday.
|Copyright 1996-2016 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|