The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotthis-would-be-better-fixed-by-making-those-31008399.aspx

Subject:  Re: Are capitalists beginning to understand ... Date:  12/6/2013  10:20 AM
Author:  hrse Number:  53452 of 59646

"This would be better fixed by making those immigrants legal instead of trying to stop them from coming in. "

Oh...so you mean we give all the bank robbers amnesty? So there isn't a record of bank robbery and no one will ever rob a bank again?

T.

I did not mean to imply that those who have committed a crime should be forgiven for their crims. Let the Christians do that.

I am saying that we should greatly increase the number of leagal immigrants that we allow in each year.

Although it would not solve directly the problem of current criminals in the country, it would stem the problem.

The limits as they are set now are much lower than the market demands. Raise the limit, and charge a tax. many immigrants are currently paying thousands of dollars to the border runners. Why not let that go to the US treasury as an immigrant fee.

Better yet, have an auction. Lets find out what it is worth.
They would still have to pass a background check, and be off all current excluded lists, but I don't know why we are using artifical limits. Let the market decide.

Mark.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us