The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/both-my-husband-and-i-decided-that-facebook-was-31036339.aspx

Subject:  Re: Should I Really join FaceBook? Date:  12/24/2013  12:17 PM
Author:  Brooklyn1948 Number:  18899 of 19483

Both my husband and I decided that Facebook was not for us.
I am the one who tells their life story to the person standing in line next to them at the grocery store. I cannot imagine what kind of trouble I'd get myself into if I joined Facebook.
We have a GPS and on one of our trips from NY to MA, we found ourselves in a sub-division of lovely homes which would have been just fine but we were supposed to be on the highway!
I must say though that the GPS has been quite helpful in getting us from our new home to the major stores that are 3-8 miles away.
We have the new IphoneS. We love it. Our girls, who are nearly 40, communicate mostly by text messaging. Even my husband has gotten the knack of it and will text message his two brothers.
The Iphone is great for taking and sending pictures to relatives. My girls have about 4,000 pictures of my grandkids on their iphones.
I remembered how difficult and costly it was to buy film for a camera, take the film to the store for processing, pick it up, etc. etc.
We had little money when we first got married so buying film was not in the budget. I do regret though that I do not have lots of pictures of my children but I imagine most people our age (65) were in the same boat.
I do love my computer. I used to have a PC and when it broke down for good my husband bought himself a laptop. I never wanted a laptop until he set his up and I took it over and said to him "this is mine". Go get your own!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us