The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-find-facebook-useful-for-keeping-up-with-31036494.aspx

Subject:  Re: Should I Really join FaceBook? Date:  12/24/2013  1:52 PM
Author:  pauleckler Number:  18900 of 19380

I find Facebook useful for keeping up with extended family like cousins I don't see very often. Its also great for groups like your class from high school.

As to gadgets, there are so many new technologies coming out all the time, I think you have to be selective about the ones you try to learn. I like to wait a while until something becomes popular and they get the bugs out of it.

But you can go too far. I had an aunt who had us hunting for wind up alarm clocks (like she used to have) because she did not want to learn to use an digital electric alarm clock. If you resist too much, the technology world leaves you in the dust.

Johnny Carson told jokes about the difficulty of programming the digital alarm clock in the old VCRs. A whole generation got the idea they could not learn that technology. Those same people also had trouble learning computers. They put their foot wrong and developed an attitude. It has not served them well.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us