The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-loved-this-yeah-i-finally-got-on-facebook-but-31037482.aspx

Subject:  Re: Should I Really join FaceBook? Date:  12/25/2013  3:55 PM
Author:  RetiredVermonter Number:  18902 of 19222

I loved this!

Yeah, I finally got on Facebook, but figured out how to VERY SEVERELY restrict it all to immediate family. Period. I keep getting requests to "friend" people but I ignore them. Maybe I'll lose friends???

No GPS, either. We use (sssshhhhh... ) MAPS for trips. My wife navigates and I drive. Simple.

Laptop? Well, this is one because I needed a new PC. (My poor old Dell downstairs is REALLY slooow nowadays.) So our son gave me this one. Kind of nice.

SIRI? My son uses her/him/it/whatever. Weird.

Cordless phone? Yes, we do have one of those. Nice. However, make sure you also have a hardwired on in the house! If you only have wireless, and you lose power... no more phone.

We also have an ancient Tracfone for occasion al use. Usually levft off. I recharge it on rare occasions when we know one of the kids will need to contact us on a trip -- or if we really, really want to call a B&B en route.

Tweet? Nope - no Twitter. Don't even know how to do that! Fart? Yeah - I do know how to do that!

Vermonter
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us