The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-was-done-with-99-of-my-holiday-shopping-over-31041356.aspx

Subject:  Re: Did not use a CC for Holiday Shopping... Date:  12/29/2013  11:27 AM
Author:  MetroChick Number:  307617 of 308881

I was done with 99% of my holiday shopping over Thanksgiving weekend, without stepping foot in stores, as all except a gift for my dog was bought online. I paid with a cc because I think that's safest for online shopping, but pay my bill off in full.

I not only got wider gift selection by buying online than what my local stores, carry - but since parking lots get crazy in general over holidays, and I think they're even worse now with so many distracted drivers getting on their phones before even putting their cars into gear, I didn't risk my 15-year old Mustang from getting hit in a parking lot. My car runs fine, but I know age lowers the value, and I'm afraid a small accident now could cause an insurance company to want to "total" it over repairing it.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us