The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/aj-the-125-is-after-tax-i-dont-want-to-go-to-31041499.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Help me figure it out Date:  12/29/2013  1:24 PM
Author:  TexasSue Number:  307623 of 308782

AJ

the 125 is after tax.. I don't want to go to prison.. first things first

20K should be enough coupled with the private unemployement insurance I purchased should something go amiss.

Rental property is like 1/4 a mile from my primary residence in a desireable neighborhood. .

Rental nets me like 60$ month positive cash flow plus a tax break .. if I refi'd I could get a more positive cash flow.. but then I am trying I think to get the most bang for my buck .. I just want to win the lottery . but then again doesn't everyone.

My husband has been gone for a little less than 1/2 a year .. I feel like holding on to anything out side of 20K is a waste.. and it should be invested .. otherwise I am doing no more than putting it in a hole in the ground.. and tht is a losing strategy .. I detest CDs, and getting .5 % in a savings account while they loan out my money to others .. is also a waste.

Apparently I am attached to owning property .. am having a hard time of letting it go based on the dallas housing market.. and the exponential growth.. I think it is a good long term investment..

> > the other crazy thought I had was to sell everything both houses.. take the cash and buy a foreclosure at auction that is coming up.

or

>> sell everything and move into his travel trailer.. Sometimes I think I am a simple person.. and don't need all the stuff I seem to have acquired..
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us